Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Miami Beach
Miami Beach is a place where people from all over the world come to walk down the streets and enjoy the beach. It is a happening place for everyone. However, the combination of crowded streets and thousands of pedestrians is a dangerous one for those on foot. Miami Beach news reports are filled with accounts of serious and fatal pedestrian accidents.
Why Miami Beach Is Dangerous for Walkers
There are a number of reasons why Miami Beach is dangerous for pedestrians. Here are some:
- People come to Miami Beach to party, and they may be drinking and driving. In fact, alcohol is a factor in almost half of pedestrian accidents.
- Many drivers are tourists and do not know where they are going.
- Drivers are distracted whether they are taking in the sights or are looking down at their GPS to see the directions.
- Traffic control is not what it should be, and there are often no adequate safeguards for pedestrians.
Many pedestrian accidents happen in cities and at night, and Miami Beach meets both of these criteria. The nightlife means that people are out after dark and crossing the street. When drivers are not looking closely, they can hit and injure pedestrians.
In Miami Beach and elsewhere, the sidewalks and roads are getting much more dangerous for walkers. Serious pedestrian accident injuries and fatalities have been on a steady increase the last several decades, and the trend shows no sign of slowing down. One out of every 11 pedestrian accidents and deaths in the entire country happens in Florida. The problem is even worse in Miami because there are more pedestrians.
Pedestrian Accidents Lead to Serious Injuries
Pedestrians are likely to be seriously injured when they have been hit by a car. Very few people walk away from a pedestrian accident uninjured. In Florida, only 28% of people hit by vehicles will not be injured. One out of every three people will be killed or suffer incapacitating injuries. Another 39% of people will suffer non-incapacitating injuries. Walkers simply have no protection from the impact of a vehicle that could weigh 3,000 or more pounds. Here are some common injuries that pedestrians may suffer in an accident:
- Face, neck, and head injuries – This is the most common injury in a pedestrian accident. This could include traumatic brain injuries that could change an accident victim’s life forever.
- Upper extremity injuries – Roughly a quarter of injured pedestrians will suffer injuries to their arms or shoulders, most often when they are thrown through a windshield.
- Lower extremity injuries – Approximately half of injured pedestrians will suffer injuries to their legs. Most often, this will happen on impact from the car, but they could also injure their legs when they fall to the ground.
Of course, the faster the vehicle is travelling, the more serious the injuries. Overall, one out of every 15 pedestrians struck by a vehicle will die. The number rises exponentially when the car is travelling 30 miles per hour or more. Even those who survive the crash will often suffer serious injuries.
Because of the serious nature of injuries, pedestrian accident claims could result in significant compensation. There is no such thing as an “average settlement.” Instead, it all depends on how badly you or loved one have been hurt.
The way that you demonstrate your injuries are through your medical records and treatment notes. This is why you need extensive medical care and diagnosis after your pedestrian accident. 388CEDA has doctors in multiple specialties on staff to help diagnose and treat your injuries as you seek to recover from your accident. We have the following physicians and offer these services:
- Imaging services, including MRIs, computerized tomography
- Orthopedic care from board-certified orthopedic physicians
- Interventional medicine
- Chiropractic care
- Board-certified neurosurgeons
- Interventional pain specialists
Along with a doctor, you will also need a lawyer. A pedestrian accident claim could result in a settlement if you demonstrate that the motorist was at fault for your accident. However, you will need an attorney to effectively negotiate with the insurance company that is trying to save money by underpaying you.
Recommending Experienced Attorney Upon Request
Let us help you when you are looking for an attorney. We can recommend a lawyer to you from our extensive network. All you have to do is ask. Call us at 1-800-388-CEDA to learn how you can get both the medical and legal assistance that you need after your pedestrian accident. Our aim is to make your life easier.
*388CEDA is not a law firm or an attorney referral service. 388CEDA does not provide legal advice, services, or legal representation to anyone including but not limited to visitors to this site or individuals/persons responding to our advertisements. In Florida, 388CEDA provides the following types of physician services: M.D., Orthopedic d Surgeons, Anesthesiologists, General Practitioners, Nurse Practitioners, & D.C., Chiropractic Physicians that document and treat individuals that have suffered injuries. Results may vary and are not guaranteed. If you have any questions or need assistance, please call one of our agents at 388CEDA. We work with experienced attorneys.