Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Coral Gables
Getting out there on foot is a great way to get your steps in and to enjoy the beautiful climate and scenery that Coral Gables has to offer. Pedestrian accidents, however, are the flip side of this coin, and they tend to be exceptionally dangerous (if not deadly). If a negligent motorist leaves you injured in a pedestrian accident, 388CEDA can provide you with comprehensive medical treatment and care that includes effective pain management techniques.
Because pedestrian accident claims are generally quite complicated, having an experienced pedestrian accident lawyer in Coral Gables on your side can make a significant difference in the outcome of yours – and 388CEDA can recommend just such a lawyer if you request that we do so.
When You’re on Foot
When you are on foot, you are naturally quite vulnerable to the immense impact of traffic accidents. Unfortunately, not all motorists are as focused and careful behind the wheel as they should be. When walking is your mode of transportation, always make doing so safely your top priority.
Pedestrian accidents are often caused by driver negligence. Motorists are responsible for sharing our roads safely with everyone on them, and they owe a special duty of care to defenseless pedestrians. Driver negligence comes in wide-ranging dangerous forms.
Drunk drivers are dangerous drivers. In fact, impairment is very closely associated with life-threatening pedestrian accidents. There is simply no excuse for getting behind the wheel when impaired by alcohol and/or drugs.
Distracted drivers don’t pay adequate attention to the road ahead, and this puts pedestrians at immense risk. There are three basic categories of distraction that include:
- When one’s thoughts are distracted
- When one’s vision is distracted
- When one’s hands are otherwise occupied
Texting manages to engage all three classifications of distraction into one life-threatening activity. Because reading or sending a text takes an average of about five seconds, drivers who engage in this practice are utterly distracted for a considerable distance – leaving any pedestrians in the vicinity at extreme risk.
Drowsy driving is increasingly becoming a serious problem on our roadways, and because drowsy drivers experience many of the same physical and cognitive impairments that drunk drivers do, they significantly increase the chances that pedestrians will be harmed.
Excess speed not only makes pedestrian accidents more likely but also makes it more likely that the accidents will be fatal. When motorists speed excessively, they not only fail to allow themselves enough time to spot vulnerable pedestrians in their midst but also greatly reduce their reaction times. Excess speed leaves pedestrians in harm’s way.
When you’re on foot, there is absolutely nothing to protect you from the impact of an accident, which means you’re likely to sustain very serious injuries, such as:
- Broken Bones – Broken bones are injuries that are as slow to heal as they are painful. When a broken bone heals incorrectly, it can lead to a lifetime of medical concerns that include chronic pain and a serious decrease in range of motion. When the break is complicated, it can even lead to a permanent disability.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal cord injuries are usually caused by a blow to the shoulders, neck, or back, and these injuries can happen anywhere on the spinal cord. The hallmarks of spinal cord injuries are severe pain and a significant loss in range of motion. If the spinal cord is severed, paralysis is the result.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries – Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are generally caused by a blow to the head, and these injuries, because they affect the brain, are both extremely dangerous and extremely unpredictable. Some of the most damaging consequences of TBIs can be the psychological effects, which many victims have a very difficult time overcoming.
Upon Your Request,388CEDA Can Recommend an Experienced Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
When it comes to traffic accidents, pedestrian accidents are some of the deadliest. When you’re in walking mode, you have nothing to protect you from the impact generated by an accident, and the damages you face can be overwhelming. At 388CEDA, we offer comprehensive medical care, including interventional pain techniques, medical specialists, chiropractic care, and more.
In addition to helping you recover your physical health and well-being, we can also recommend an accomplished pedestrian accident lawyer in Coral Gables – upon your request – who can skillfully advocate for your case’s best possible resolution. Your case is important, so please don’t wait to call us at 1-800-388-CEDA for more information about what we can do to help you today.
*388CEDA is not a law firm or an attorney referral service. 388CEDA does not provide legal advice, services, or legal representation to anyone including but not limited to visitors to this site or individuals/persons responding to our advertisements. In Florida, 388CEDA provides the following types of physician services: M.D., Orthopedic d Surgeons, Anesthesiologists, General Practitioners, Nurse Practitioners, & D.C., Chiropractic Physicians that document and treat individuals that have suffered injuries. Results may vary and are not guaranteed. If you have any questions or need assistance, please call one of our agents at 388CEDA. We work with experienced attorneys.